1) A California couple recently attempted to sell their 6-month-old baby for $25 outside a Walmart.
2) Police in Oklahoma recently tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe because she was a "threat".
3) In a bizarre statement to police, an Oregon woman who claims that Al Gore fondled and groped her during a massage session described the former Vice President as a giggling "crazed sex poodle" who gave a "come hither" look before pouncing on her in a Portland hotel suite.
4) Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick says that he objects to a new policy in Provincetown allowing even elementary school students to receive free condoms, and to do so without telling their parents.
5) The U.S. Labor Department has announced a new order that would extend federally guaranteed family and medical benefits to gay couples who work for private as well as federal employers.
6) A 10-year-old boy has been named grand marshal for a gay-pride parade in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
7) Seniors at a New Haven, Conn., high school will not be graduating "in the year of our Lord" this year – or any future years, according to the superintendent of schools. The school district has removed the traditional phrase from high school diplomas after someone complained.
8) The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation continues to throw its support behind risky genetically modified seeds as a means for feeding hungry Africans.
9) The Obama administration has announced its appointment of 13 White House fellows – and the first person featured on its short list is a Muslim attorney who specializes in Shariah law-compliant transactions.
10) This video is not from America, but it is incredibly shocking and it demonstrates what is rapidly happening to much of the western world.
11) According to a new national poll, nearly half of all American adults see the government today as a threat to individual rights rather than a protector of those rights.
12) Will the Gulf of Mexico oil spill + a hurricane = an "oilcane" that will devastate the Gulf coast for years to come? Is there a reason why so many bad things are happening to America right now?
13) Even many atheist scientists are now admitting that life is so improbable, and the physical characteristics of the universe are so finely tuned to accommodate it, that in some sense the universe "knew we were coming" - and yet they will not admit that God exists.
14) Researchers at Harvard’s Wyss Institute have combined microfabrication techniques from the computer industry with modern tissue engineering techniques, human cells and a plain old vacuum pump to create a living, breathing human lung-on-a-chip.
15) Lastly, after one team of researchers took a close look at the religious beliefs held by American teenagers, they found that the faith held and described by most U.S. adolescents came down to something the researchers identified as "Moralistic Therapeutic Deism".